April 6, 2011

Freaking O.U.T.

Is it April already? Really? That means there are. . . 


I count on my fingers. . . 


There are 3 more months until we move. Then my husband brought in his training schedule. The last 4 weeks before we go to Japan he will spend out in the field. That gives us only 6 weeks until he goes into the field, including the week and a half of field time at the end of this month. . . 6 WEEKS?!?! My heart accelerates and my stomach drops into my butt. I feel the tears coming but refuse to let them fall. They WILL NOT fall. . . 


Time has gone by so fast. I've been trying not to take it for granted. I've been trying so hard to soak up every last minute we have of living in the United States but it's been flying by. So, we have 6 weeks to get all of our effects in order before he goes into the field. I've already made it clear that I will not be dealing with and sorting through our household items by myself while trying to take care of 2 kids. I've already moved us once all by myself, without children, and it sucked big time. 6 weeks to have his help before they come to evaluate our items.

I look around at our living room and think of the closets, garage, and immense amounts of kitchen crap we have. Lord. There is still so much to do and to think I felt so accomplished last week when I made it through my closet. How stupid of me.


It's a good thing I'm not high strung. . . oh. wait. 


So I've resolved to do this. I will take things one step at a time. I will get our house cleaned out and ready for our move. I will enjoy the last weeks I have living in the U.S. I will enjoy the spring and summer with my children, family, and my friends. I will take a deep breath and know that everything will get done. I will remember that my home is where my husband and my children are, no matter what. I will remember that I will make new friends who will become like family.


No matter where I live in the world I can make it home. I have to remember what I've been telling my mother since we found out we were moving to Japan, and that's that we are still only a plane ride away. 


Only a plane ride away.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this, Stephanie! You helped to calm my own nerves. I'm not moving out of the country but I am about to move cross country while my husband is deployed (in 4 weeks!) You helped me to take a much needed deep breathe.

    Good Luck with the move and cherish everything in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving ANYWHERE on your own with 2 kids is tough. I can't imagine doing it while my husband was gone. You have my utmost respect!! Good luck on your move. Keep me posted! Perhaps we can give each other tips!

    ReplyDelete