April 14, 2011

A Bad Case of the Blahs

I've been out of the writing mood for a while. Sure I've tried but with everything that has been happening in our country, with the whole "your husband won't be getting paid" thing, gas prices, and the nuclear crisis in Japan, my neurosis seemed trivial in comparison. But as I've learned, the hard way in a lot of cases, life charges ahead no matter what. So here we are.

I've been itchy lately. Cranky. Bitchy even. Just ask my husband. I've been thinking for days about what could possibly be the cause of this horrible funk I've been in. It's become so bad that I don't even want to be around myself. . . and that's bad.

Then it dawned on me. I'm tired. Tired of being here. It's almost moving time, and there is so much on my to do list but the problem is that I can't even begin my to do list until we arrive at our new duty station. I am ready to get to where we need to be, get on with the business of getting acquainted with our new home and making some good friends. I'm tired of waiting for the unknown to become known. I am more than ready to embark on our next adventure.

This weekend is our final "clear house" weekend, and then we're done. There is quite literally nothing left for me to do until the movers come. We already know what items are going to be accompanied baggage but it is obviously WAY to early to even think of packing that up.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment